The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a globally recognized qualification offered by an established independent UK examination board with over 25 years experience in providing health and safety awards in the UK and across the world including the Middle East.
By the end of this course the delegate will be able to:
• Implement good health and safety management across all areas of their operation.
• Have a sound understanding of the principles of managing risk is a key building block of an effective safety culture.
• Identify key requirements for health and safety management systems.
• Identify typical workplace hazards and suitable control measures.
• Prepare management reports on health and safety improvements.
Benefits of Training
NEBOSH International General Certificate Unit 1: The
Management of Health & Safety
1. Foundations in Health and Safety
3. Organizing for Health and Safety
4. Promoting a positive Health and Safety Culture
5. Risk Assessment
6. Principles of Control
7. Monitoring Review and Audit
8. Occupational incident & accident investigation, recording &
NEBOSH International General Certificate Unit 2: Controlling
1. Movement of people and vehicles
2. Manual & mechanical handling
3. Work Equipment Hazards & Control
4. Electrical Hazards & Control
5. Fire Hazards & Control
6. Chemical and biological Health Hazards & Control
7. Physical and psychological Health Hazards & Control
8. Construction Activities – Hazards & Control
- Units IGC 1 and IGC 2 are assessed by two – hour written
NEBOSH unit IGC 3 is assessed by a practical assessment to test the application of taught health and safety principles in the workplace must be completed within 14 days of the written examination date.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate has been designed for managers, supervisors, employee representatives and others who require a basic knowledge and understanding of occupational safety and health.
Delegates receive comprehensive course manuals