This course is designed to supply the knowledge and skills required by electricity supply industry workers to maintain electrical switchgear and equipment. The experience gained is in the correct procedure and practices involved in preparing for and carrying out installation and maintenance of electrical switchgear and equipment to plans, drawings and specifications.
Correctly position and maintain pole mounted switchgear and electrical equipment, carry out testing and commissioning procedures for switchgear and equipment. All procedures and practices comply in accordance with electricity Supply Industry Standards, Supply Authority regulations and relevant Standards
Once completing this workshop, you should be able to:
1. Apply best practice maintenance and reliability processes
2. Cost-justify different maintenance planning programs
3. Understand the basics of failure analysis
4. Target and improve equipment maintainability and/or reliability
5. Understand and apply asset performance management
6. Practice deciding which maintenance program is the most cost effective
CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION AND BASICS
CHAPTER 2: LOW AND MEDIUM VOLTAGE CABLES AND BUSES
CHAPTER 3: CIRCUIT BREAKER
CHAPTER 4: OIL MAINTENANCE
CHAPTER 5: TRANSFORMER MAINTENANCE
CHAPTER 6: CAPACITORS AND POWER FACTOR CORRECTION
CHAPTER 7: PROTECTIVE EARTHING
CHAPTER 8: HAZARDS OF ELECTRICITY
CHAPTER 9: ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER 10: ELECTRICAL SAFETY EQUIPMENTS
Engineers, supervisors and technicians with a responsibility for the maintenance of HV/LV electrical switchgear
Trainees shall receive a portfolio containing a comprehensive course manual.
Attendees shall receive a certificate of attendance from AMAD Tech.